Saturday, November 17, 2007

Michigan vs. Ohio State

It was a very cold, wet day at the Big House. It rained the entire time and was about 34 degrees. We went with my brother Derek and my brother in law Ryan.
A bus with music blasting from it and people drinking and dancing all around it.
Go Big Blue
It is hard to tell but this picture really shows about 5 blocks worth of street filled with people.
This t-shirt was one of the only ones that I saw that was appropriate for blogging, most the others would have needed editing.
I think the attendance number was 111,940 people
It was the second biggest crowd in the stadiums history.

It was a very interesting experience to attend this game, disappointing but interesting. There was a very definite hostility between the fans, after the game there was a fight in the street between a very drunk Ohio State fan and a very angry Michigan fan, after the game ended an Ohio state fan was so touched by the victory he started to cry, those are just two experiences from the day. After the game ended and everyone was leaving it was really quiet, everyone was subdued, except the Ohio State fans who were cheering and singing. I have to say Ohio State has the only visiting fans that I have ever seen get an audible chant going around the stadium. All in all it was a very fun but cold day. We hope our other team has a better rivalry week outcome. Go Utes!
Here is a link to a movie on my sisters blog that has the cutest Michigan Fan!http://familyparker.blogspot.com/2007/11/hail-to-victors-valiant.html

5 comments:

  1. oh you look so cold! i hope you had a wonderful time and drank hot chocolate to keep you warm :) go buckeyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!! I hope you screamed your lungs out for me:

    "OH oh I hate Ohio State!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i am so jealous! it looks like it was so fun! you guys look freezing! i can't believe there was a guy in shorts pouring beer into a tube off the side of a bus. wow. those fans seem crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! that's what I call being a loyal fan. Hope you don't get pneumonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fun...too bad they lost. i hat ohio state, they better not get in the national championship game. go big blue. who's gonna be their new coach? les miles?

    ReplyDelete