Sunday, May 4, 2008

Holland















Today we drove to Holland.... Michigan. It is a fun town on the west side of Michigan. Every year they have a tulip festival. So we drove out and joined Ryan and Camille and watched Klompen Dancers (Dancers dancing traditional Dutch dances in traditional Dutch clothes and wooden shoes) and we went to Windmill Island to see the working windmill and tulips. We had a great time and we can't wait to go again next year.



These last two pictures are up at Jackson's request. I am pretty sure he is trying to get me back for the pictures in the last post. The weird thing is I didn't bite my lip or burn it. It just started swelling last night. We talked to our friend Kara, who is a nurse, and she looked up the symptoms in the grocery store and told us she is pretty sure it is a food allergy. Problem is I am unaware of any food allergies I may have. Until the swelling goes down I continue to look like (or at least I feel like) Sloth.

6 comments:

  1. nate and i are laughing out loud right now at that last picture. a striking resemblance. maybe you have a 2-week delay allergy to the pizza we made. and i'm so jealous you went to holland michigan - i've been really really wanting to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holland looks like so much fun! I want to go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, looks like you might have a cold sore. If it turns into a little fluid filled pouch, it's a cold sore for sure. Good thing is, they clear up in about a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Your husband is in Dental school with all sorts of Doctors and Oral Pathologists and you find a nurse at a grocery store to diagnose your lip. I would have to say that a grocery store is one of the more reliable sources of medical research and information...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha Ha ha ha..... that is so funny! I hope it gets better. it could be a good old cold sore! way back when...something similar happened to me... Jackson will like this... something was wrong with my TOOTH which later resulted in a root canal... but for some reason, luckily the day AFTER my sisters wedding, the whole left side of my face did the same thing. it is so ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never even heard of Holland Michigan!! You'll have to tell us all about it. Those pictures were really fun.

    The lip thing looks and sounds like a cold sore. Have you ever had one?

    ReplyDelete