
For Jackson's birthday party yesterday we started it off with some home run derby.


The girls hit too, but we mostly sat and were eaten by
mosquitoes.

I forgot to pick up candles, luckily Camille and Ryan brought sparklers.


The day of Jackson's birthday we went to one of our favorite restaurants, an Irish Pub.

Jackson's birthday also marked the first day of the Art Fair, one of the largest in the country.

We were a bit
creeped out by these fine pieces of art. We really thought they might move.


Jackson's first cake was exactly what he asked for, a chocolate Ute cake.

Jackson's new Foosball table, that fits conveniently on our table.

One of his favorite root beers.

A gift from his parents, speed
mitten. We tried it out tonight, it is a new favorite of ours.

It may seem strange that I gave Jackson
marshmallows. His family has a special treat where they microwave the
marshmallows (it has to be on a paper plate) and then freeze them, sounds strange to me but then again I don't like
marshmallows. Which is why Jackson got them for his birthday, because they were rarely ever be in our house otherwise.
Jackson you da' man! I can't believe it was 10 years ago we were rolling the suburban with what I remember being the whole sophomore class...how you kept your sanity as the first guy to get your license is beyond me. Happy Birthday big guy!
ReplyDeleteCara forgot to mention that the chocolate cake with the sparklers is actually an amazing Mexican Chocolate Cake with orange juice & peel, chocolate pudding and lots of other fun surprises...so good!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great birthday, Jackson! It was so fun to see you guys a few weeks back! We'll have to see how that Michigan game is looking.
ReplyDelete