Monday, March 9, 2009

Cara minus 4 teeth

For those of you who didn't know, Cara went to the oral surgeon this morning to get all 4 of her wisdom teeth extracted. They were all impacted and the Dr. said they were tough to get out. The upper ones came out in one piece, but they were impacted and very close to the adjacent teeth. The lower ones were also impacted and were horizontal. They had to come out in 3-4 pieces each.
This is her the night before. She is so excited.
Night Before, Upper Jaw. If you are looking for her wisdom teeth, you won't find them. They have not erupted (sorry, dental lingo), meaning they haven't come through the gums.

What a beautiful mouth.


Right after the surgery as I wheeled her out to the car.


Few hours after the surgery at home.
She is doing great now, and getting through the pain and bleeding.


9 comments:

  1. I am sorry - but this made me laugh so hard! Cara is smiling in every single picture...and then you scroll down a bit and she is coming out of surgery looking quite...out of it. Haha.

    I had the same crummy situation a few years ago. All four out. All four impacted. At least you get good pain meds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cara! I'm so sorry! I would kill my husband for posting pictures of me right after surgery But youre sweeter then me :)

    I hope you feel better!! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson what a great post! Thanks for the update given as only a dental student could give. Hope you are feeling better Cara! I'll give you a call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt told me he ran into you at Kroger. Your face in the post surgery picture is perfect!! Good luck the next few days. I hope Jackson keeps the chocolate shakes coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara! Can I come bring you popcicles? I am so sorry! I didn't know it was today! I will call you tomorrow!
    HEIDI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Cara! I hope you are feeling better! And Jackson needs to learn that taking funny pictures of you only leads to even funnier pictures of him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jackson for the updates. Wish we could be there to help you Cara. Take it easy and do as the doctor tells you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sucks! Hope you start feeling better soon!
    I know how it feels, sounds like your situation was the same as mine.... sucky ;)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Cara! Not fun at all. HAve you tied the tube socks together, put ice in the feet and draped it over your head yet? That is all I can remember about getting my wisdoms out and also that my cousin and I got them out the same day in 8th grade and she went jogging that night after her surgery. How crazy was she?! Get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete