We drove down to Chicago for the weekend to celebrate the end of the semester. We stayed with our friends Nate and Missy. We did take pictures with them but all the pictures are on their camera.
We started Saturday out with Kimball and Liz at Obama's favorite breakfast cafe. They then took us for a tour of Hyde Park- Obama's House and a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and the University of Chicago.
Liz and Kimball dropped us off on the Magnificent Mile.
Hancock Tower. I decided to save my tall building tour for the Empire State Building this fall, I didn't think I had a prayer of getting Jackson up more than one in a year.
The Tribune Tower, also amazing. I just finished a Mark Twain class so it was among the two stones we had to get a picture with.
Waiting for the bridge to go back down.
Deep dish pizza. Oh boy.
oh my heck that pizza crust is crazy! haha. wow. Looks like you guys had a great trip. I used to love American Girl dolls too. So fun!
ReplyDeleteglad you made it back home safely. ashlyn still keeps saying she wants "cara and jack" to sleep in her room and then go to down town chicago again. so come back soon! and i'm impressed how quickly you got this post up. we'll email you more pics. we had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI had to show Matt that picture of the pizza and am now regretting it. He wants one.
ReplyDelete