Sunday, November 1, 2009

halloween-the real thing

Our, still, un-carved pumpkins next to our neighbors much more festive pumpkins. I blame the highlighters. We spent our time with them rather than doing fun things. You may ask yourself why I took a picture of my highlighter next to Jacksons, and with good reason. His is huge, and taking a picture of it proved to be a satisfactory method of procrastination. Now the real question is, what on earth do we do with two huge un-carved pumpkins?
We did have our annual chili party this year, after which we made everyone watch the Utah game, even the BYU fans.
Where's Waldo and Prince William and Kate Middleton with their dragon.
H1N1 and the classic Halloween witch, scarecrow and pumpkin.
I was a tomato this year and Jackson wanted to be a Utah fan but was firmly told that as he is a Utah fan every day he had to put a little more effort into his costume. He was Kyle Whittingham. We had to give his goatee some help by way of eyeliner.
Here is a better picture of my mercury thermometer for the work.
I made graveyard brownies for the spooky dessert competition. I didn't win but I did get 2nd place and $15 at Target. I made Jackson take me to Target for Friday date night to make sure the money didn't burn a hole in my pocket.

2 comments:

  1. I think Coach Whit has at least 40 lbs on Jackson... other than that he had a VERY convincing costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Fun!! Hey how do you get pics to be side by side on the blog?? I tried but when I post them they still come out on top of each other.

    ReplyDelete